Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Week Nineteen Favorite Time of the Year

Oh this is easy for me=)

I love summer. Nothing to me is even better. I don't know if it's because I get cold and in the summer I can just lay in the sun and feel the warm and relax, or if it goes further into it and relates then to me growing up and always been gone .. either riding a bike or swimming. It was like all I ever did. I was out of the house like each and every day. I loved it. Some days my best friends and I would just walk around town for hours and it was nice to just talk and do nothing really. It was just nice.








Another reason why I like summer is because we go camping. I absolutely love the seclusion. No one really to like bother you. And just to sit outside all day and relax. Reading a book. Then sitting by the fire. Actually taking each moment by moment. Going searching for lizards, even though there is not a chance in hell your going to find me grab one of those things. My luck I would definitely end up getting bit. But it's just nice to sit outside, joke around, and really do nothing.


My other reason that I love summer, that's because it's my favorite holiday.



Growing up there wasn't much fireworks or anything. You'd see them on the TV but that was really it. We always had the bottle rockets and what the black cats I believe is what they were called. I had fun with my friends don't get me wrong. But the day I started to love the 4th of July will always be in my head.

My husband, at that time we were just dating. He took me up to Deadwood and we stood all by ourselves on this hillside watching the works go off. It was like every time now I hear those works make that beautiful boom sound, I get that same feeling I had that night. It brings me back. And I love it.

I do have to say tho August I hate because that means school is coming back on and all the nonstop activities .. so summer is my little break from the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment