Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 24: Overcoming




Wow.. hmm.. I'm trying to think of something. I mean I know there has to be those but I hate repeating all the time:)

Lets see first would have to be the challenge that I had with my family when our house had blown up and we had no where to live and no clothes except for those that we had worn to bed that night. Ended up living in a motel for a month to then move into a trailer house for a year until we could have our other house built and ready to move into. (keeping it brief if you can't tell lol)

The other obstacles where just sport wise. I played in a lot of sports and just pushing myself, even after I broke my ankle but still played.

I know I was a bitch growing up. Mainly because everyone seemed to constantly hurt me or betray me so my best and easiest way was just to hate. I still somewhat do, but I do also see myself taking a transition and basically asking is it worth it?? Sure never feels like it's worth being mad or upset. Specially over certain things.

Now how did I any of it?? Blah.. I have no idea. I don't get how when I was younger I just basically said to myself suck it up and do it. Where as now I can't seem to do that. I know I need to take that leap of faith, just am very scared of it. Not sure why either. But even though I might not be doing a lot.. I'm doing something. It took me almost 18 yrs to get to here, so my baby steps, I'm okay with them. I am tho looking forward to that day I get to say I overcame this. =)



"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'
You must do the thing you think you cannot do. "
~ Eleanor Roosevelt






No comments:

Post a Comment