Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Week Three: My Influences

Probably my biggest influence is my dad. He's always had a positive outlook and just smiles. But I also feel like he hides a lot under that smile. My dad has always made me laugh. Maybe it's cause I'm spoiled by him to lol! I remember one time. I got blaimed for my brother breaking something and my dad was supposed to spank me 10 times. I was crying before he even bent me over his knee. He said he was only going to give me one and just to continue to cry so that my mom 'bought it'. Somehow from that day on.. he was in my corner. I should have trusted him more, unfortunately I didn't.

My other influence is my sister. God I love her more then I know. She has ALWAYS been there for me. I know that in a heartbeat if I needed her she'd do whatever she could to make it happen. I can count on being honest with her without her judging me or being I guess rude. She's just there. And it really is a great thing to know that and to feel loved by her.

Another influence is my husband. He has stood by me for the past 8 years when he could have easily walked away. He does everything that he can and I appreciate him more then he'll probably ever know.

The last influence is just the world. The beauty of it. Looking at the sky and getting lost and in the calm. Hearing rain or the wind blowing the the trees. I love standing outside and feeling the wind blowing around me. Just everything that is just there to be there.. I really enjoy that.

All of these influences give me hope. It makes me feel that I am WORTH IT. That I can have a good and loving life as long as I put the effort into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment