Monday, December 24, 2012

Week 44: What is your favorite time of the holidays

No brainer for me, only problem is that I don't see it much anymore. But here are the times that we're my favorite.

Growin up in a family of 4 brothers and 1 sister, it was like there was always something fun to do. Whether it was going sledding, play fox and the hen, or just making snow angels. To decorating the tree, playing games and eating lots and lots of cookies:P (that's my ultimate favorite haha).

So, when we all added our spouses to the mix, and the grandchildren, it just became more fun. To sit and have the kids run around inside and out, constantly having to watch the cookies before it was too late and the 2 yr old took off with 10 hah. But we just loved playing games, watching movies, or oh another all time favorite is playing Mario Kart in the Foley household.

There were those holidays tho that something would happen and someone would be in a fight. I only did it once because my son was sick and my older brother decided to comment on him crying and I just about .. no I did go off on him. My dad told him to get out.. oops.. he didn't and things were fine. He later apologized, after he had his own children and got to experience it on his own time.

But my family is what makes me the happiest, it's what makes me light up inside and feel good. Unfortunately ever since we moved, things have been different. Obviously can't go home as much, and Tom's side of the family. Well to say the least, they suck! His step father always leaves to go somewhere right after dinner. He doesn't talk much unless you talk to him about something he enjoys which isn't much for me. His sister is a spoiled little bitch that believes everything should be about her. His brother, now he has changed because he recently got married and had a baby. I think he's stepped up to the plate. Only problem is he's upset with us because we don't drive an hr to see him all the time, and in which they NEVER came to see us.. but okay now I'm going off on a tangent. But Tom's mom thought that she could somehow replace my families activities. And that lastest like a whole 5 seconds. Tom's siblings were like what are we doing, and then that was about it.

So unfortunately I miss my family dearly. I can't say I like hearing all the yelling (kids and mom), but I miss the fact that we were all around each other and we're able to laugh and enjoy the time that we had together. Some day I'll be back there again.. hopefully sooner then later:)

No comments:

Post a Comment